Things to Do the Day After the Big Climb to Namche Bazaar
Just after leaving our lodge in the middle of Namche we came upon this building which was like a boarding school. At least that is how we interpreted what our porter guide told us. I just love all the little shoes. And everything as neat as a pin.
We walked to the top of the Museum and Visitors Information Centre. My favourite part was the traditional house.
I loved the warm interior, the timber and the metal pots.
Up the top of the hill near the satellite tower the sculpture of Tenzing Norway and the sign underneath …
There was a great view from there but being the end of September we didn’t see it for the clouds which can still be an issue but what a dramatic scene they can make.
I love washing on line shots …
I love, love , love the yaks on the trail. This guy is patiently waiting to be moved on to wherever…
Namche Bazaar is also an opportunity for
- A sleep in
- Apple pie
- Souvenir shopping (on your return)
- Cafe wifi
- A huge variety of things in the little general store
- A place to buy the book you wish you had bought
- Buying something from a chemist
- Buying extra trekking gear that you wish you had now that you’re on the trail – gloves, an extra fleece etc
- Buying a buff (which were hard to find in Kathmandu)
- A daily film is shown in the afternoon about Everest
- Trekking above the town to Khumjung or Khunde. More about this in the next post.