Two photos of a Stupa in Khumjung taken from different directions and two years apart. Photos taken in December 2013 taken end of September 2015, two earthquakes later.
There is a beautiful mani wall along the walk in from Namche Bazaar.
I assume the cracks are from the second earthquake on May 12 2015. The small boy in the photo has his back pack on and had just come out from the Edmund Hillary School, the biggest school in the Khumjum.
April 25 earthquake magnitude 7.8
May 12 earthquake magnitude 7.3
Two Earthquakes and Two Films – another of my posts
Worth a look earthquake 2015 – Great Himalyas Trail website
- the first day walking to Phakding
- walking everyday
- talking with Dawa in Lukla
- hearing the rush of the river
- hearing the yak bells
- the vista in Dingboche
- the feeling having climbed to the top of Kala Patthar
- seeing eagles soaring high above
- the boxes of papers in the monastery at Khumjung
- the hot shower in Dingboche
- hearing the stone masons and the noise of the town above Namche
- the donkey trains
- sitting at our meals at the end of the day with a sense of achievement
- black tea
- everything yak
with inspiration from this lovely blog https://listsofthingswelike.com/
via Daily Prompt: Minimal